Skilled Migration in Focus at the ’21 Budget
Migration is good for the budget. Migrants to Australia tend to be younger, bring unique skills and work for long periods of time without being a tax burden.
It is for these reasons that skilled migration programs will be a massive part of the next budget to be announced Tuesday May 11.
Expected at the ’21 Budget announcement:
- A Digital Economy Strategy
- Low and Middle Income Tax Offset
- Superannuation up to 12% with possibility of paying super on parental leave entitlements
- Childcare subsidies up to 95%
- An improvement to Aged Care
- Extra Money for Energy and Resources
- A National Recovery and Resilience Agency for climate change and natural disasters
- Education and Skills package
- Alcohol producer tax relief
- Tourism and aviation rescue package
- Biosecurity funding
- Defence upgrades
- Incentives to attract global talent and business to Australia
Click here for the full report on May 11.