2 September 2020
Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL) announced
The Australian government has given the green light to a new Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL). The occupations on the list have been hand-picked to assist in Australia’s recovery from the Cv-19 pandemic. Existing skilled migration occupation lists will remain active and visas will still be processed, but priority will be given to those in occupations on the PMSOL.
The occupations are in health care, construction and IT. It is hoped that the priority list will “supercharge” both the health response and economic recovery that Australia needs. The Minister for Employment says that the Australian government will closely monitor labour market trends and respond to any changes in Australia’s skills needs.
Visa holders can request an exemption from Australia’s travel restrictions though they will still be required to undertake 14 days of hotel quarantine at their own expense.
The 17 occupations (ANZSCO code) are:
- Chief Executive or Managing Director (111111)
- Construction Project Manager (133111)
- Mechanical Engineer (233512)
- General Practitioner (253111)
- Resident Medical Officer (253112)
- Psychiatrist (253411)
- Medical Practitioner nec (253999)
- Midwife (254111)
- Registered Nurse (Aged Care) (254412)
- Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) (254415)
- Registered Nurse (Medical) (254418)
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health) (254422)
- Registered Nurse (Perioperative) (254423)
- Registered Nurses nec (254499)
- Developer Programmer (261312)
- Software Engineer (261313)
- Maintenance Planner (312911)
In these times of great uncertainty, it is important to stay up to date with the ever-changing rules, policies and procedures. The migration experts and the team at This is Australia strive to keep abreast of the all the latest news and goings on in the complex world of migration. For regular updates and to be part of the community, don’t forget to like our Facebook Page.
This Is Australia’s migration agents and support team offer the very best service possible. Contact us via our online contact form or call our Queensland office on +61 (07) 5592 0755.