Regional Australia – updates to RCB and postcodes
Legislative Instrument – F2017L01460 – IMMI 17/059: Regional Certifying Bodies and Regional Postcodes Instrument 2017, specifies the postcodes for the parts of Australia defined as regional Australia for migration purposes and the list of relevant Regional Certifying Bodies (RCB).
Regional Certifying Bodies
Schedule 1 of the Instrument specifies the following changes to RCB listed below. All other RCB from the previous Instrument are preserved.
|NSW||* Regional Development Australia Far South Coast||* Southern NSW-Regional Development Australia, Far South Coast|
|NT||* Department of Business and Employment||* Department of Trade, Business and Innovation|
|Qld||* Central Qld – Winston Shire Council,
* Central Qld- Regional Development Australia Central Queensland,
* North Qld- Cape York Peninsula Development Association Inc,
* North Qld-Gulf Savannah Development Inc,
* North Qld- Townsville Enterprise Limited
|SA||* Department of Manufacturing Innovation, Trade, Resources and Energy||* Department of State Development|
|Tas||* Department of Economic Development, Tourism and the Arts||* Department of State Growth|
|Vic||* Department of Business and Innovation (Ballarat, Bendigo, Geelong, Mildura, Shepparton, Traralgon, Wangaratta and Wodonga)||* Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (Ballarat, Bendigo, Geelong, Mildura, Shepparton, Traralgon, Wangaratta and Wodonga),
* Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (Ballarat, Bendigo, Geelong, Mildura, Shepparton, Traralgon, Wangaratta and Wodonga)
|WA||* Gascoyne Development Commission,
* Great Southern Development Commission,
* Kimberley Development Commission,
* Mid West Development Commission,
* Peel Development Commission,
* Pilbara Development Commission,
* Skilled Migration Western Australia,
* South West Development Commission
|* Department of Training and Workforce Development|
|ACT||* Unchanged: ACT Economic Development Directorate||* Unchanged: ACT Economic Development Directorate|
For subregulation 5.19(7) each postcode specified in Schedule 2 of this Instrument is defined as regional Australia.
Changes to postcodes have only been made in Western Australia. Postcodes in all other states and territories remain unchanged.
This Instrument excludes Perth metropolitan area and specifies that the following postcodes only are regional:
- 6041 to 6044
- 6083 to 6084
- 6121 to 6126
- 6200 to 6799
This Instrument commences on 17 November 2017 and repeals IMMI 16/045.
Source – www.mia.org.au