SkillSelect – Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
The Skilled Nominated Visa is a permanent residence visa for skilled workers who want to work and live in Australia after being nominated by a State or Territory Government agency. This visa is an alternative for skilled workers who have the qualifications or skills, but cannot pass the points test required to obtain a Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189).
Approved applicants must intend to live, work and study in the nominating state or territory for 2 years on arrival.
Employers looking to sponsor or hire foreign workers can sign up for our Corporate Visa Services.
Requirements of the SkillSelect – Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
Applicants for this visa first need to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) online in order to be invited to apply.
Once you have been invited to apply, you must be able to satisfy the basic visa requirements to qualify for a visa in the General Skilled Migration program.
- Have nominated an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupations list;
- Have obtained a suitable skills assessment in the nominated skilled occupation;
- Be at least 18 years of age and younger than 50 years of age;
- have at least competent English language ability;
- Be nominated by a State or Territory Government agency;
- Meet the points test pass mark of 60 points;
- Meet certain health and character requirements.
Applicants are assessed against the point’s test in which points can be claimed in the following areas:
- English language ability
- Australian and overseas skilled work experience
- Australian & International qualifications
- Australian study requirements
- Credentialed community language qualifications
- Regional Australian study
- Spouse skill qualifications
- Professional year in Australia
- State or Territory Nomination
Entitlements of the SkillSelect – Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
The Skilled Nominated Visa will grant you permanent residency in Australia. This will entitle you and your eligible family members to:
- Travel in and out of Australia;
- Work and study in Australia;
- Access Government-subsidised healthcare (Medicare);
- Apply for Australian citizenship once you become eligible;
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence.
At This Is Australia, our experienced migration agents can advise and discuss your current visa options and assist you in planning for your future in Australia. Speak to us via our online contact form or call our Queensland office on (07) 5592 0755.