Other Family Visas

Other Family Visas

Other Family Visas

This Is Australia’s migration agents assist with different types of family visas including:

  • Child Visa (subclass 101/ 802)
  • Remaining Relative (subclass 835/115/) (Permanent)
  • Aged Dependant Relative (subclass 838/114) (Permanent)
  • Carer (Subclass 836/116) (Permanent)
  • New Zealand Citizenship Family Relationship Visa (subclass 461) (Temporary)

Child Visa (subclass 101/802)

The Child Visa allows a child to come to or remain in Australia to live with their parents indefinitely.

To be eligible for this visa, the child must be:

  • Sponsored by their parent or their parent’s partner;
  • Single;
  • Younger than 18 years of age, or:
    • A full-time student between 18 and 25 years of age, or
    • 18 or older and unable to work due to a disability and dependent on the sponsoring parent.
  • The biological child or adopted child of the sponsoring parent;

A step child who has not turned 18 of a stepparent who is no longer the partner of the child’s parent but has legal responsibility to care for the child.

The child’s sponsoring parent must be an Australian citizen, the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or an eligible New Zealand citizen. The spouse or de facto partner of the child’s parent can also sponsor the child.

A child between 18 and 25 years of age who does not have a disability that prevents them from working must:

  • Never have had, and not now have, a spouse or de facto partner;
  • Not be engaged to be married;
  • Not be in full-time work;
  • Be a full-time student.

New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship Visa (Subclass 461) (Temporary)

If you are not a New Zealand citizen but have a family member who is a New Zealand citizen who either has or is eligible to apply for a Special Category visa (subclass 444), you may be eligible to apply for the New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship visa. This five year temporary visa allows non New Zealand citizens such as de factor partners or spouses to live and work in Australia while they remain in a de factor relationship with their New Zealand partner. You are not required to be in or outside of Australia when you apply for this visa.

The Special Category visa enables New Zealand citizens to live and work in Australia indefinitely.

Eligible New Zealand citizens have the same benefits as Australian citizens or permanent residents. If you are married to or in a long term de facto relationship with an eligible New Zealand citizen, you may meet the requirements for an Australian Partner visa.Your partner is an eligible New Zealand citizen if they meet the following criteria:

  • New Zealand citizens who were living in Australia on 26 February 2001 or lived in Australia for at least one year in the two years immediately before 26 February.
Call +61 (0)7 5592 0755
Or book an appointment with one of our registered migration agents.

Protected by reCAPTCHA Privacy and Terms.

This Is Australia’s role is to navigate the complex nature of family and spouse visas. Our registered migration agents will work with you, your close relative or partner’s situation to ensure a smooth visa application process. Contact us via our contact form or call our Queensland office on (07) 5592 0755.

Are you a loved one of an eligible Australian permanent resident? Find out how we can help you