Skilled Migration Visas

Skilled Migration Visas (SkillSelect)

SkillSelect is an online application process that enables skilled workers and business people interested in migrating to Australia through the submission of an Expression of Interest (EOI). All EOI’s are considered and, if you are a successful applicant, you will be issued an invitation to apply for the skilled migration visa you have conveyed interest in. You may also be found and nominated by an Australian employer or State or Territory Government if you have skills and qualifications that are required in Australia.

Employers seeking to sponsor or hire foreign workers can visit our Australian Employer Services page.

SkillSelect covers the following subclasses:

SkillSelect Skilled Independent Visa

If you are a skilled worker who is not sponsored by an employer, state or a family member, you may be eligible for the Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189). This permanent visa enables successful applicants to live and work anywhere in Australia. To qualify, you must have an eligible occupation appropriate to this subclass and score at least 65 points in the points test at the time you are invited to apply.

Skilled Independent (New Zealand Stream) Visa

The Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189) (New Zealand) stream is for New Zealand Special Category (subclass 444) visa holders who have shown a commitment and contribution to Australia to apply for permanent residence. New Zealand citizens who are granted this permanent visa will be eligible to apply for Australian citizenship after 12 months.

SkillSelect Skilled Nominated Visa

For skilled workers who are nominated by a state or territory government, the Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190) is a permanent visa that is available. All successful applicants must have an eligible occupation appropriate to this subclass, be nominated by a state or territory government and score at least 65 points in the points test at the time you are invited to apply.

SkillSelect Skilled Work Regional Visa

This is a provisional visa. It is for skilled workers who want to live and work in regional Australia. This provisional visa is for skilled workers who are nominated by a regional state/ territory government or an eligible relative. It provides benefits including a pathway to permanent residency (Subclass 191).

Temporary Graduate Skilled Visa

Recently graduated from an Australian education provider? The Temporary Graduate Skilled Visa (subclass 485) is a post study visa for recent graduates with eligible qualifications to extend their stay with full work and study rights. To qualify for this visa, International Student Graduates may select from the Graduate Work Stream or the Post-Graduate Work Stream.

Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) Visa
The Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) Visa (Subclass 191) allows individuals holding a qualifying visa who have lived for at least 3 years in a designated regional area and who have also earned the specified income amount, to reside permanently in Australia. The visa can include eligible members of your family. You do not need a sponsor or nominator for this visa.

To find out whether you qualify for a skilled migration visa, get in touch with us via our booking form or call our Queensland office on (07) 5592 0755.