Work Visas

Work Visas

If you possess skills and capabilities to enhance Australia's economy and workforce, then you may be eligible to migrate to Australia by applying for an Australian Work visa. These visas are specifically designed to encourage applicants to obtain sponsorship through an employer or to secure nomination. Many foreigners choose to live and work in Australia because of the lifestyle and employment opportunities offered.

Employers seeking to sponsor or hire foreign workers can visit our Australian Employer Services page.

Temporary Skills Shortage 482 Visa

Are you required to fill a temporary skills shortage for an Australian Employer? The 482 is a temporary visa, which entitles skilled workers to work in Australia for up to four years if they are sponsored by an approved Australian employer. It is compulsory for your professional skills or work experience to be relevant to the position you are applying for in Australia.

Employer Nomination Scheme 186 Visa
For Australian employers looking to sponsor skilled workers to live and work full-time in Australia, there is the Employer Nomination Scheme. The applicant must possess relevant qualifications and work experience in the nominated occupation, and be nominated in an eligible skilled occupation as outlined in the Combined list of eligible skilled occupations.
Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional Provisional 494 visa

This is a provisional visa. You can stay in Australia for a period of 5 years from when your visa is granted. You must be employed to work in the nominated occupation and in a position within the sponsoring business or an associated entity of that business, located in a designated regional area of Australia. It provides benefits including a pathway to permanent residency (Subclass 191).

Designated Area Migration Agreement DAMA Visa

Under the Designated Area Migration Agreement (DAMA), employers are able to sponsor skilled and semi-skilled overseas workers for positions they are unable to fill with local workers. It applies to states with DAMA agreements and is custom-made to address current and growing labour market shortages and local terms and conditions of employment.

Working Holiday 417 Visa

Enjoy an extended holiday in Australia in addition to finding short term employment to fund your travels with the Working Holiday and the Work and Holiday visa programs. Work visas that provide individuals between the ages of 18-30/35 years old the opportunity to work and live in Australia for up to 3 years.

Training 407 Visa

Are you required to do additional workplace training to obtain an occupational licence or registration, or wish to enhance your skills in an eligible occupation? The Training visa (Subclass 407) is for people who want to come to Australia on a temporary basis to participate in occupational training or professional development.

Work and Holiday 462 Visa

The Work and Holiday Visa (subclass 462) is a visa for young adults who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to 3 years. It is a visa that offers the holder an extended holiday in Australia and the ability to work to help fund their trip.

Temporary Work Short Stay Specialist 400 Visa
Stay in Australia for up to three months where required, and in limited or exceptional circumstances, up to six months. If the Subclass 400 visa is granted, it will be at the discretion of the assessing officer if you will be granted the visa for the standard 3-month period or the requested 6-month period.
This Is Australia can determine your eligibility for a work visa and provide you professional advice on the documentation, fees and submission process. Begin your pathway to permanent residency by contacting our migration agents via our online form or call our Queensland office on (07) 5592 0755.

Related Visas

Are you a skilled professional who wants to live and work in Australia?