Students Given Confidence with Visa Arrangements
Australia is preparing to welcome back international students in a COVID safe way once state borders re-open and face-to-face learning resumes.
The Australian government announced today assurances for International Students already in Australia and those who haven’t been able to travel due to COVID-19 border closures.
Students in Australia who are unable to complete their studies with their original visa because of CV19, will be able to lodge a student visa application free of charge.
Students outside Australia will have their visa granted so that when borders re-open, they will immediately be ready and able to travel to Australia.
Here are the changes announced today:
- The Government will recommence granting student visas in all locations lodged outside Australia. This means when borders re-open, students will already have visas and be able to make arrangements to travel;
- International students will be able to lodge a further student visa application free of charge, if they are unable to complete their studies within their original visa validity due to COVID-19;
- Current student visa holders studying online outside Australia due to COVID-19 will be able to use that study to count towards the Australian study requirement for a post-study work visa. See here for more details;
- Graduates who held a student visa will be eligible to apply for a post-study work visa outside Australia if they are unable to return due to COVID-19; and
- Additional time will be given for applicants to provide English language results where COVID-19 has disrupted access to these services.
These changes give assurances and provide International Students with confidence that Australia is doing everything possible to be ready for post-CV19 international education.
To find out more information about how This Is Australia can assist with your Student visa application, get in touch with us via our enquire now page or call our Queensland office on +61 (07) 5592 0755.