New Visa Arrangements

Published: 07/05/201505/07/2015

New Visa Arrangements

New visa arrangements for people working in Australia’s offshore oil and gas industry



From 31 March 2015, new visa arrangements came into effect for non-citizens other than permanent residents intending to work in Australia’s offshore oil and gas industry.New visa arrangements

People intending to work on resources installations should hold either a Subclass 457 Temporary Work (Skilled) visa or a Subclass 400 Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa.

People who are participating in, or supporting, an offshore resources activity from a vessel will be granted the Special Purpose Visa by operation of law.

For more information see Working in Australia’s offshore oil and gas industry.

If you have any questions or enquiries about Australian visas, contact This Is Australia Migration Service. We’re the experts in migration!

Call +61 (0)7 5592 0755
Or book an appointment with one of our registered migration agents.

Protected by reCAPTCHA Privacy and Terms.

Recent posts

Share this post:

Read more in 
We strive to keep abreast of the all the latest news and goings on in the complex world of migration. For regular updates and to be part of the community, don’t forget to like our Facebook Page.