Social Worker Added to PMSOL
What is PMSOL?
The Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL) identifies 18 occupations which fill critical skills needs to support Australia’s economic recovery from COVID-19. The list is based on expert advice from the National Skills Commission and consultation with Commonwealth departments.
Employer sponsored nomination and visa applications with an occupation on the PMSOL will be given priority processing. All other skilled occupation lists will remain active, but the PMSOL occupations will take priority.
Based on advice from the National Skills Commission, the occupation of Social Worker (272511) has been added to the PMSOL with effect from 27 November 2020.
The Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List
The 18 occupations (ANZSCO code) are:
- Chief Executive or Managing Director (111111)
- Construction Project Manager (133111)
- Mechanical Engineer (233512)
- General Practitioner (253111)
- Resident Medical Officer (253112)
- Psychiatrist (253411)
- Medical Practitioner nec (253999)
- Midwife (254111)
- Registered Nurse (Aged Care) (254412)
- Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) (254415)
- Registered Nurse (Medical) (254418)
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health) (254422)
- Registered Nurse (Perioperative) (254423)
- Registered Nurses nec (254499)
- Developer Programmer (261312)
- Software Engineer (261313)
- Social Worker (272511)
- Maintenance Planner (312911)
Priority processing of nomination and visa applications for PMSOL occupations applies to these employer sponsored visa subclasses:
Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) visa (subclass 187)